Multicoat’s Shield Kote System is used to internally strengthen, seal and shield concrete water features against water penetration. Ideal for Pools, Water Features, Ponds, Fountains, and other cementitious surfaces.
- Underwater Tile Underlayment
- Underwater Finish
- Fish Hatchery Restoration
Shield Kote System is a pre-coating system for concrete used before the application of Scratch Kote in pools and as an external final coating in water features. The Shield Kote System is comprised of two products: Vapor Shield and Pond Kote.
Vapor Shield is a ready-to-use Chemical Hardener, Densifier, Soluble Chloride Reducer used over bare concrete prior to cementitious overlay applications. Vapor Shield is a non-flammable, non-toxic, non-acid sealer that strengthens and internally waterproofs cementitious materials.
Pond Kote is a super bonding, polymer modified cementitious coating that is designed to restore the function and appearance of old concrete. Cured product seals and forms a protective coating over concrete surfaces which are submerged underwater. The longer the product is submerged in water the tighter the polymers merge forming the water resistant coating.
Used together in the “Shield Kote System”, the concrete surface is taken to a water resistant state.
- Blocks & Reduces Vapor Emissions
- Purges Soluble Chlorides and Prevents Re-Entry
- Vapor Shield reduces “green concrete” window to average of 5 days
- Fish Friendly / Tested Safe for Fish
- Seals Concrete
- Freeze – Thaw Resistant
- Environmentally Friendly
- Pond Kote is available in 3 textures: Coarse, Smooth and Extra Smooth
- Pond Kote is also available in 2 colors: Grey and White
Note: SDS Sheets are found under the individual products, Pond Kote and Vapor Shield.